Thursday, March 11, 2010

!!!!!!!

Yay!


March 11th, 1994, a dark-skinned, dark-haired baby me popped into the world at 6:31 p.m. Fast forward 16 years, and here I am, full of cake and happiness.

My day began with waking up (late, as usual) to a text from Taylor saying, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEST FRIEND!" On that wonderful note, I scrambled around my bathroom, curled my hair, and put on my favorite sweater. I came downstairs to a cup of coffee and my mom ready to tell me the story of my birth and the events 48 it, the way she does every year. I walked into school with pink cupcakes for my french class (because honestly, why would anyone ever pass up an opportunity to eat baked goods and speak french?) and nearly dropped them because I got tackled with so many birthday hugs.

First period began with announcements as usual, except for today at the end, my friend Chase's voice boomed out, "And a happy sweet sixteen to Natalie, love love love Kelly and Taylor. Happy birthday Natalie!" My Algebra teacher, who is bent on my destruction, even wished me a good day! Show Choir was amazing, we were in the auditorium, and when everyone sang to me the acoustics were so overtaking and I just wanted to cry. The rest of the school day continued with the same exhilarating feel.

After school, Taylor and I went over to my house and cut my cake.Yumyumyum. My grandma brought me over my present from her, a book, Of Bees and Mist, and a quilt, which is so perfect for me, I can't even begin. Taylor and I then went to musical practice. It was awesome as usual, I'm so excited to the show to come together. The day ended with Kelly coming over and Kyle coming to see me, and all of us eating cake and being joyous and all.

I also got a very special, personal birthday present that I will tell of later on, when I have the energy to type the whole story. But as for now, I'm exhausted. Goodnight :)

Miles run today: 0, I know I know, but come on, it's my birthday.
Current music: Disney's Princess Collection. I'm still a child at heart, ok?!

0 comments: