Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Counting Down

In two hours and thirty five minutes, I will have reached 16 years of age. And, if dedicating a blog to it wasn't enough of an indication, I am very, very excited for this milestone in my life. It's a starting point, and everything after it is almost a new life. I feel so incredibly corny for feeling like this, but it's true. I want sixteen to be the year I really make it.


I'm starting the year on a good note, my last day of being fifteen was very nice. After school, Taylor, Troy and I went to the thrift store. I got three sweaters for $2.50. There is absolutely nothing I like more than a good deal, especially on really cute clothes. Then Taylor and I dropped Troy off and went to my Mecca, Chipotle. I ate the yummiest veggie bowl while Taylor and I discussed spring break. We're going to South Carolina and I cannot wait. I've never been, but based on what she tells me, it's exactly my kind of place, calm and historical and beachy. Plus we're visiting all the places The Notebook was filmed.

After Chipotle, we went to musical practice, which, while very exhausting, is really one of my favorite things to do. When everyone in the cast has the same incredible energy and we're all really on the ball, the adrenaline rush from even just rehearsing is incredible. Tonight was one of those nights we were all in sync. Afterwards, Taylor and I went to McDonald's with some people, and it was just one of those hilarious, memorable nights. The only thing that could have made tonight better was getting to see Kyle, but oh well, I guess. We're used to not seeing each other often.

And now, I'm just lying here, in my wonderfully warm bed, in my clean (for once), cozy room. And I'm blogging, I'm fulfilling my promise to myself (also, for once), and that feels good.

I'm going to end the night by watching one of my favorite moves, 500 Days of Summer. When you hear from me next, I'll be older and wiser!



0 comments: